[syslog-ng] FreeBSD

Scott McDermott mcdermot@questra.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:22:55 -0400

Balazs Scheidler on Sat 29/07 19:45 +0200:
> > I'm running syslog-ng on a FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE machine.  It does
> > work but tends to start using alot of CPU time and after that stops
> > logging.  Maybe it's my dodgy config...
>
> I'm not using syslog-ng on FreeBSD. Could you provide me some more
> details?  ktrace dump would be helpful.

Incidentally, the 1.4.5 release did fix some of the leak/CPU problems,
but only made it a longer period of time before the process eventually
uses all system resources; there's still a leak somewhere.  I'll have
more details within the next couple of weeks.