[zorp] [ANN] Zorp GPL APT repositories

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Jun 19 15:41:52 CEST 2012

Greetings!

I'm happy to announce that as of a week or two ago, there is now an APT
repository for Debian-based systems, with up-to-date Zorp GPL packages,
patched tools and kernels, to make it possible to use all the power Zorp
provides on any modern Debian-based platform!

As of this writing, the repository below contains Zorp 3.9.5 (and
dependencies), along with iptables 1.4.14 and a KZorp-enabled linux
2.6.32 kernel.

The repository can be used by putting these into your sources.list file:

  deb   http://packages.madhouse-project.org/$DIST       $RELEASE zorp
  deb   http://packages.madhouse-project.org/zorp-kernel kernel   2.6

Where $DIST can be one of "debian" or "ubuntu", and release one of
"squeeze", "wheezy" or "unstable" in case of Debian; "lucid", "natty",
"oneiric", "precise" or "quantal" in case of Ubuntu.

The packages will be kept up to date, future versions of Zorp (and the
kernel) will be available from the same repository, as long as the
relevant distributions are supported by their respective vendors.

To install Zorp itself, after adding the source.list lines and updating,
install zorp and the patched iptables as follows:
  $ sudo apt-get install zorp iptables

Installing the kernel is similarly easy:
  $ sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-5+kzorp-amd64

Or, on a 32-bit system where you would not want a 64-bit kernel:
  $ sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-5+kzorp-486

For now, only linux 2.6.32 images are provided, but there are plans to
support 3.x kernels too. As soon as those are available, I will announce
it on this list, and my blog too.

The Debian repository page[1] on my homepage will always contain the
most up-to-date information on how to use the repository, the current
signing key and so on and so forth.

I hope these packages will be useful!

 [1]: http://asylum.madhouse-project.org/projects/debian/