[zorp] Reverse proxy + side stacking broken (config?) for large pages?

Szilárd Pfeiffer szilard.pfeiffer at balabit.com
Wed Nov 30 16:39:33 CET 2011

On sze, 2011-11-30 at 14:00 +0100, Fekete Robert wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The problem seems to be that you receive plain HTTP traffic on your HTTPS port
> (55000) instead of an SSL handshake. The openssl under Zorp recognizes this
> common error, and instead of returning a handshake error it adds the http request.
>
> The cause of this can be:
> -  your client enters http://IP_ADDRESS:55000 into the browser instead of
> https://IP_ADDRESS:55000, or
> - the address in the browser is OK, but the website redirects it from https to
> http, though this should be visible in the URL bar of the client browser
> - a packet filter messes up the ports (in your config you have both 55000 and
> 5500, but I guess that's not the entire config)
>

> As for upgrading to 3.9.2, unfortunately there is no automated method, just
> reinstall, copy the config files, and tweak them until they work (the changes
> between 3.3 and 3.9.2 may or may not affect your current config file).

FYI: You can find configuration examples on GitHub for 3.9.x (note that
these examples work only with KZorp)
https://github.com/balabit/zorp-examples
or you can download virtual machines with the version 3.9.2 of Zorp for
testing
http://people.balabit.hu/szilard/zorp-gpl/virtual-machines/

--
Szilárd Pfeiffer <szilard.pfeiffer at balabit.com>