[zorp] Connection limit in SSL?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Jul 28 13:15:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 02:29 +0200, thomas.wenz at gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I finally found the solution. Changing some parameters in the kernel source ("INR_OPEN", "NR_OPEN" and "OPEN_MAX") didn't really help but after I added the "-- --fd-limit 4096" (like found in an older message from May 2004) to the instances.conf it seems to work.

As the thread based fd limit calculation proved incorrect in some cases,
Zorp currently sets the fd limit to a fixed 256000 limit. Maybe your
system cannot do as much (I think this depends on the amount of RAM in
your computer and/or some settings in /proc), and the call to set the
resource limits fail. Can you confirm this using strace?

The kernel changes were related to linux 2.2, so those don't apply
either.