[zorp] Connection limit in SSL?

thomas.wenz at gmx-topmail.de thomas.wenz at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Jul 25 19:53:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

Is there some kind of connection limit in the SSL-proxy? I tried apachebenchmark with a plain Zorp HTTPS instance. It works until a limit of 2 connections ("ab -n 5 -c 2 http://192.168.1.5/index.html") but any higher value (3 sometimes works) produces errors with failing SSL handshakes. "ab -n 5 -c 2 http://192.168.1.5/index.html" for example results in 5 (=all) broken connections.
I couldn't find the real reason but I found some "broken pipe" , "Bad file descriptor" and "(nosession): Connection denied by policy; conn='NULL' "-messages indicating that the connection somehow gets lost.

Raising the thread limits in the instances.conf or using the threadpool-option doesn't help - and if I raise it too high I get an "Too many open files" even though I thought I raised the ulimit value for zorp and root to a very high value.
Specifying "THREADED=TRUE" in the Listener/Dispatcher doesn't change anything else...is there any solution for this concurrency problem or is this a known limitation?

Thanks for your help!
Thoms Wenz
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx