[zorp] Telnet data or UDP paquets?

Clement Fillon clementfillon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:16:18 CEST 2008

Dear Balazs Scheidler,

> What do you want to accomplish exactly?
I would be happy if I could just log plain data separated by telnet session
into
different files (perhaps also separated by client => server and server =>
client).

Searching data seems indeed complicated as when I look into Wireshark each
keystroke is a separate paquet. Ideally I would like to check information so
when
a user sends for example "root" that the session just terminates. It does
not need
to be perfect because instead of root you could also send
"r","o","o","s","del","t"
but that does not matter much to me and changing server states or other
special
cases do not matter, too.

> And about UDP: in Zorp, proxies are independent of the transport
> protocol, so each proxy can be used to transfer both UDP and TCP
> traffic. You can even convert between the two.
Sounds very good! And how can I specify this conversion if I would want to
do that?
Do I need to set
--enable-conntrack             Enable connection tracking for UDP based
protocols
at compile-time or does it work without this switch too?

Sincerely Yours
Clement Fillon