[zorp] TPROXY with iptables nat??

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Aug 4 10:48:42 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 12:20 +0200, Jakub Bednář wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'd like to ask You a question.
>
> I'm now using tproxy aplication with my own nat inside,
> but I'd like to know, If I can add tproxy after normal nat
> from iptables? If so, can You please give me any example
> how to set the iptables?
>
> -A POSTROUTING with  -j TPROXY is not accepted by iptables.

The TPROXY target is only useful to redirect crossing traffic to local
proxies, in essence it is quite similar to the REDIRECT target of the
NAT table.

The source address of outgoing connections can be modified either by
using the tproxy module services directly, or using the nat table as you
would with forwarded connections.

Please note however that changing the addresses twice is not currently
possible, as tproxy itself implements its features by using NAT
functionality.