[zorp] iptables configuration for zorp alg

KOVACS Krisztian zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:37:32 +0100

  Hi,

2005-02-24, cs keltezéssel 03.51-kor Tillmann Werner ezt írta:
> first of all thanks for your fast reply. I spent the last days compiling
> different versions of zorp gpl to make sure to "configure" with
> "--with-tproxy=netfilter". The stable release was the only version I
> could get running 'till now...

  Hmm, this may be a problem, since only the 3.0 branch of Zorp is
compatible with Linux 2.6... (To be more accurate, only TProxy 2.0 has a
Linux 2.6 version available, and only Zorp 3 has support for TProxy
2.0.)

> > If you see sysdep_tproxy=1 or linux22 then Zorp did not detect your
> > tproxy correctly, maybe you don't have the autobind interface
> > configured correctly. Zorp also reminds you about this, with a
> > logmessage like "Error autobinding socket..."
>
> I've got "sysdep_tproxy=1" indeed. The system runs a tproxy-patched
> 2.6.10 kernel (uml), my python is 2.3.3. Are there any known tproxy
> detection problems on such a setup?

  Yes, as I've stated above it's incompatible with TProxy 2.0. Please
try to upgrade to Zorp 3 GPL, it is probably a better choice than
downgrading your UML kernel to 2.4. If you have any compilation
problems, please let us know.

--
 Regards,
  Krisztian Kovacs