[zorp] Building Zorp with profiling in mind

Balazs Scheidler zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:58:31 +0200

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 23:44, Peter Meekel wrote:
> I am looking for guidance in adding profiling support to the GPL
> version of Zorp.  Ideally, I would like to add the ability to build
> zorp with or without profiling based on a build time option, but don˙t
> have access to the Makefile.ac files used to generate the distributed
> files.  Any pointers on how to approach this are greatly appreciated.

you can do that by specifying "-pg" in CFLAGS prior you run the
configure script.

you could also add --enable-debug option to include symbol information
as well. (btw: oprofile does not need specially compiled binaries)