[zorp] Which GPL Kernel

Balazs Scheidler zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:46:46 +0200

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 16:34, Phil Moors wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 06:04, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 00:30, Phil Moors wrote:
> > > Which GPL zorp should I run? I've tried 2.1.8 and I'm getting kernel
> > > panics after running an HTTP session or two through a transparent proxy.
> > > Or, maybe I should get non Redhat kernel source from kernel.org. The
> > > patch and rebuild worked without errors on the RH sources, though.
> > >
> > > Are others running 2.1.8 without problems?
> >
> > Some people are running TProxy on RedHat kernels and they are working
> > fine. Which tproxy version did you try?
> >

> cttproxy-2.4.22-1.2.0
>
> Maybe I have an nptl/python problem? I have some more testing to
> perform.

you mentioned oopses in your previous mail, though Python/nptl certainly
would mean some user-space segmentation faults.

If my assumption is true and you are referring to SIGSEGVs in userspace
instead of kernel space, then you might be interested in our patched
glib version, available at

http://www.balabit.hu/downloads/zorp/zorp-os/pool/g/glib2.0/

There are a couple of important patches there which fix serious locking
bugs in GLib.