[zorp] HTTPS proxy-stacking example

Michael D. (Mick) Bauer zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:08:42 -0600 (CST)

Peter Hoeltzl wrote:

> At first I create a HttpProxy, whth file matcher to enable and
> diable URLs, like denying sex, but allow dosexpert:
[snip]

Thanks for the fast & detailed reply!

If I skip the the file matcher (at this point I'm not worried about
content filtering), am I right in thinking that plain old HttpProxy
still leverages significant intelligence against my connections?
What sort of attacks does it defend against? (Cross-site scripting?
Really-long URL (GET) requests?)

Regards,
Mick

| Michael D. (Mick) Bauer                         |
| Hired Goon Specializing in Information Security |
| Security Editor, Linux Journal                  |
| Dir. of Value-Subtracted Svcs., Wiremonkeys.org |