[zorp] Zorpctl error

SZALAY Attila zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:56:58 +0100

Hi!

On 2004 Jan 07, Michael D. (Mick) Bauer wrote:

> Setting -verbose=5 in instances.conf doesn't yield one iota more
> worth of info; any ideas?

In some situations when logging to syslog zorp doesn't wait to flush all
messages at exit.

You can tell zorp to log to console instead of syslog with the -l switch.

Unfortunately zorpctl drops all messages written to console, so you must start
zorp without zorpctl. You can do it with the following command line:

/usr/lib/zorp/zorp --as <instance_name> -l

It writes to the console what the problem is.

Please send me the output, so I can find out where the problem occurs,
and how to make sure the error message is written to syslog.

--
Szalay Attila                     BalaBit IT Biztonságtechnikai Kft.
tel:(36-1)-371-05-40              1116 Bp. Csurgoi ut 20/b