[zorp] Kernel Initrd

KOVACS Krisztian zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:12:34 +0200

  Hi,

2004-08-21, szo keltezéssel 00:59-kor Phil Moors ezt írta:
> Whenever I install one of you kernels however, I get this on boot:
>
> RAMDISK: cramfs filesystem found at block 0
> RAMDISK: Loading 2116 blocks [1 disk] into ramdisk... done.
> Freeing initrd memory: 2116k freed
> sh-2021: reiserfs_read_super: cannot find reiserfs on ramdisk(1,0)
> Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount rootfs on 03:02

  Unfortunately our kernels do not contain the patch which enables to
use CRAMFS filesystems as initrd. The mkinitrd package in Debian Woody
is configured to create CRAMFS images by default, so unless you change
the /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf config file. You have to add/change the
line to that file:

# Command to generate the initrd image.
MKIMAGE='genromfs -d %s -f %s > /dev/null'

--
 Regards,
   Krisztian KOVACS