[zorp] Zorp and TPROXY can't bind or loops infinitely

Sheldon Hearn zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:42:35 +0200

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:31, KOVACS Krisztian wrote:

> > Zorp01:
> > 	Linux 2.6.3 (Gentoo-r1 w/ Balabit TPROXY patch)
> > 	zorp-2.0.8 + libzorpll-2.0.26.24
> > 		OR
> > 	zorp-2.1.5.5 + libzorpll-2.1.12.2-1
>
>   I'm afraid you're trying to use the wrong tproxy version. TProxy
> patches for 2.6 are still development version, and are incompatible with
> 1.2.0 (which is for Linux 2.4 only).

Oh dear.  If I'd known that, I would have gone for cheaper single-CPU
proxy boxes, since I've read that 2.4's SMP is nothing like 2.6's.

You're right, of course; 2.4 works fine.  After I posted, I set up a 2.4
box to test with.  I planned to test and send results today, but you
beat me to the punch. :-)

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  It's great to have a concrete
answer and not worry that I'm doing something wrong.

And now, performance testing...

Ciao,
Sheldon.