[zorp] tproxy source IP address question

Gunjan zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:24:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I was looking for a transparent proxy which does not
change the source IP address when it tries to
establish connection with the actual destination for
the client. I tried squid, but it changes the source
IP address to the proxy server IP address.

I was going thru the tproxy patch readme file, and it
says that it can establish connection with "foreign IP
address" , does that mean that it does not change the
source IP address even though it breaks the
connection?

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks,
Gunjan