[zorp] Zorp and Traffic Control

Balazs Scheidler zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 19 May 2003 10:39:09 +0200

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 04:22:49PM -0400, Philippe Lucas wrote:
> confirm 587515
>
> I would like make a transparent proxy, transparent for both the client and
> the server.
> But my problem is that the transparency works for the client but not for
> the server.
>
> Could you please help me ?

you probably did not create a dummy interface which is used for 'forging'
addresses.

Please check the log messages that Zorp emits at startup. It should state
something like:

z_log(NULL, CORE_ERROR, 3, "Binding to dummy interface failed, please create one and pass --autobind-ip parameter; autobind='%s'", auto_bind_ip);

The default IP of the dummy interface is '1.2.3.4' but you can change this
using the --autobind-ip command line argument in your instances.conf file.