[zorp] Difficulty in installing Zorp!

Elwin Eliazer zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:32:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am trying to install Zorp in my Compaq desktop,
running RedHat 9.0.

Recently i upgraded the kernel to 2.4.22, from
2.4.20-6, to be able to use the TPROXY.

I got most of the steps through. But i am stuck in
getting the Python Ext class 1.2 installed, since
there appears to be some compatibility issues, in the
thread.h file.

RedHat 9 comes with Python 2.2, whereas the Zorp
INSTALL file suggests Python 1.5 or 2.1. Can i assume
2.2 is ok for Zorp?

RedHat 9 does not come with PythonExtClass. So i
downloaded the SRPM from rpmfind.net, for
python-extclass-1.2_1. I am getting build problems
around the ThreadLock.c and thread.h file. I also see
a ThreadLock.c.orig file, and the difference between
the two is the way in which thread.h is included, and
some definitions.

I tried copying the orig file back to .c and then also
i continue to get compilation errors.

Your suggestions and help will be appreciated.

cheers,
Elwin.

=====