[zorp] unofficial zorp 2.0.7-2 is released

Magosányi Árpád zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:03:23 +0000

Hi!

Sorry for being hungarian.

Here is the translation:

> Sorry for the oftopic question. Is it good if the development/fixes forke=
d?

It isn't a fork, this is why the unofficial zorp is official.

The fixes will be get back to zorp-gpl. It is simply
that zorp-gpl have been neglected a bit, and I could not see this.

The other side is that there are things which do not or only to a little
extent related to the core, and I want to play with anyway. Bazsi do
not want to see  these features in their version until they aren't rock solid,
and the users get the feeling of the ideas behind (zorp builds
on a lot of concepts even right now which not understandable for a simple
firewall administrator used to fw-1). You cannot yet see too much of
these yet, because it is very disgusting to look through the code
line-by-line to spot that few points which should not made public.
But for example the filltable utility goes to this direction
(well, it is not core to the extent that it isn't even zorp).

For more details see http://zorp-unoff.sourceforge.net/index-3.html

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból