[zorp] Zorp vs. FreeBSD 4.3 (x86)

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Wed, 9 May 2001 14:26:10 +0200

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:56:06PM +0200, Foldi Tamas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone has experience Zorp install under FreeBSD? I try to compile, but
> the "MSG_PROXY" is not defined in my enviroment.
>
> If you can help me (source patch, install instruction, etc.), please
> drop me a mail.
>
> (If not necessary, I wouldn't port the main source.)

I'm trying to port Zorp over to FreeBSD, my burner is currently burning the
install CD. Apart from the UDP and TCP transparency Zorp should be quite
portable. TCP transparency is a matter of about 50 lines of code (this is
about querying the kernel the real destination address), UDP is a different
matter. That will require either kernel patches or implementing the whole
mess with raw sockets (which I wouldn't like to do for several reasons). For
now I'll try to disable the UDP part on platforms which don't have MSG_PROXY
and other magic things.