[zorp] Python Extension Class - Zorp Requirement

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:43:55 +0200

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:44:47PM -0400, Richards, Steven (ISS Chicago) wrote:
> I've been trying to find the download Python Extclass 1.2.
>
> Where can I find this?
>
> Also, I'm trying to install Zorp on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE. Is there any issues
> I should be aware of? I planning on installing zorp-0.9.1.

digicool has stopped distributing extension class v1.2 source on its own,
they are distributing extclass 2.0 bundled with zope. Either v1.2 or v2.0
works with Zorp, however 1.2 is primarily used for development.

v1.2 of extension class is available from debian mirrors in the
/debian/dists/potato/main/source/interpreters/python-extclass_1.2.orig.tar.gz

compilation instructions are included in its README file, however there's a
slight problem in the thread support of extensionclass.

you have to change the reference to "type_lock" to PyThread_type_lock, just
like it is patched in the debian sources.