[zorp] Re: zorp and debian

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:13:18 +0200

Hi,

> thanks for making zorp debian packages available...
>
> I currently can't use the bug tracking system on your site, so here is the
> report:
>
> Build-Depend: is missing the declaration of "python-dev"

Thanks, I've inserted this line.

> Is there any support for SSL built into the system yet, couldnt find
> anything mentioned in the docu.

It's not yet in. First we'd like to stabilize this base (plug, ftp + http
proxies, authentication) then move on to other proxies.

> PS: in case you need a debian maintainer to upload the debian packages into
> the debian distribution you can count on me (not sure if you are an official
> maintainer or not).

I'm not an official debian maintainer, so thanks for your offer. I don't
think Zorp is ready for inclusion in Debian, I'd at least wait for 0.6.0,
when it stabilizes. The planned release date for 0.6.0 is about september.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt