[tproxy] SQUID+TPROXY for assymetric routes

John Lauro john.lauro at covenanteyes.com
Wed Sep 18 14:24:35 CEST 2013

That could be useful for matching flow records / auditing, but for your case it doesn't matter, even if the ports were kept the same the sequence numbers would get off and the stream would break as soon as something is/isn't in the cache (probably sooner from header changes).  The connection must be terminated on the TPROXY box.

Two options:
  1. Have TPROXY resend the requests with it's IP instead of keeping the client IP.  As the client IP is on a private net anyways (10.10.175.111), might as well, little reason to try to preserve a private IP, you will have private IP logs from SQUID...
  2. Have router2 route the opposite back through TPROXY as router1 did.  IE:  If router1 is routing destination port 80 via TPROXY, have router2 route source port 80 via TPROXY also.