[tproxy] tproxy to increase the number of connections

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 22 11:02:40 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tue 19 Feb 2013 10:11:15 AM CET, maria isabel wrote:
>   Is it possible to use tproxy with strongswan ipsec? and increase the
> number of connections in a linux box?Currently there is a limitation of
> 20000 connections in strongswan.

I'm not quite sure I understand the question perfectly.

Yes, it is definitely possible to use tproxy to transparently proxy
connections arriving to the proxy through encrypted IPSEC tunnels (or
transport mode, of course).

As for the strongswan part, this list is not really about strongswan or
Linux IPSEC implementations, so I think you had better luck asking that
question on the strongswan mailing list, for example.

(Personally, I have no experience with that many connections with
IPSEC.)

--
KOVACS Krisztian