[tproxy] I'm having a little trouble binding a tproxy and I might do something wrong.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Feb 4 13:19:10 CET 2013

On 2/4/2013 2:02 PM, KOVACS Krisztian wrote:
> Unfortunately not using the same source port is not an ultimate
> solution, either: if you use a random source port you still have a
> chance that it will clash with the endpoint of another existing TCP
> connection.
Most likely to not since it's a pair of ip+port to ip+port.
Your basic assumption is that there are two devices that controls the
same ip and port assignment.
on a machine the OS tries to avoid using the same port for the same dst
as a basic rule.
on a nat machine it depends on the nat type but linux from box don't do
this kind of nat that will make such thing happen.

--
Eliezer Croitoru
http://www1.ngtech.co.il