[tproxy] TPROXY on ubuntu not working.

yash cp yashavanth.hsn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 23:01:27 CEST 2013

Hello Team,

I am trying to configure and use TPROXY as given in the link.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

My setup includes : A Ubuntu machine with one Network card, but two IP
addresses ( one of which is virtual or Alias)

Real IP: 192.168.150. 10 -- ( interface to the internet)
Virtual IP : 192.168.22.5 -- ( interface to the subnet 192.168.22.0/24)

Both the IP's have the same MAC address.

When the client( 192.168.22.10)  sends connection request, its forwarded to
the other port 50001 (Checked with the logs).
But the proxy is not responding with SYN-ACK , as a result the connection
is not established.

I don't know about the internals of the TPROXY. Does it works with matching
using IP address and port or with MAC address.
Does TPROXY is not supported in this scenario?

Best Regards,
Yash