[tproxy] I wonder missing ip_tproxy.h header file and tproxy

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at balabit.hu
Mon May 14 14:16:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sun 06 May 2012 11:07:42 PM CEST, sungjin o wrote:
> hello, i'm korean so im sorry my english text written
>
> my environment is the latest Centos and network doing bridge.
> my option is already setted by using information on internet
>
> my problem is that squid 2.7 setting "--enable-linux-tproxy" causes below
> warning..

> checking if Linux (Netfilter) kernel header files are installed... no
> WARNING: Cannot find necessary Linux kernel (Netfilter) header files
>          Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
> checking if TPROXY header files are installed... no
>
> my wordering is that although tproxy is intergrated with latest kernel
> source, there is not ip_tproxy.h
> i have known that ip_tproxy.h was provided from obsolete kernel source
> patch in "balabit.com"
>
> but why do squid2.7 need ip_tproxy.h?
> so, i downloaded ip_tproxy.h and compiled squid2.7 by using the ip_tproxy.h

Can't you try a more up-to-date Squid version? As far as I can remember
there was no official support for the transparent proxying code in the
upstream Linux kernel for Squid 2.7.

Everything should just work with Squid 3.1 and a recent Linux kernel:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

--
KOVACS Krisztian