[tproxy] tproxy and IPv6

WG tproxy at wim.email.be
Tue Apr 10 15:32:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to redirect all IPv6 traffic entering eth0 on port 80 to a
locally running proxy server.
But for some reason, the remote client gets only a connection timeout. I
do see traffic entering eth0 to port 80, but nothing happens.

This is what I did :
ip -f inet6 rule add fwmark 1 lookup 100
ip -f inet6 route add local ::/0 dev lo table 100
ip6tables -t mangle -N DIVERT
ip6tables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcpo -m socket -j DIVERT
ip6tables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0xffffffff
ip6tables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY
--tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-port 3128

Any ideas why it doesn't actually connect to port 3128 ? I tried using
--on-ip as well, but no difference.

Thanks for any help !

Wim