[tproxy] TPROXY for a UDP listener

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:15:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a linux router that would receive UDP packets through a GRE
tunnel that is not destined for the router itself. I'm hosting a UDP
listener that is supposed to intercept these UDP packets and reply to
them accordingly. What I'm seeing is that the UDP replies (sent by
this intercepting process) are being source by the real IP address of
the linux box itself and of course the remote end just drops these
replies since they do not conform to the src/dst IP and port of the
originating socket. So basically my UDP listener does get the UDP
requests but the replies have an incorrect src/port.

I followed this documet:for the setup:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/tproxy.txt

Can someone help please?

--