[tproxy] tproxy on firewall redirecting to squid located on different ip on same subnet

Ivan Boyadzhiev ivancho.b at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:03:08 CET 2011

Hi Colleagues,
First I would like to thank you for the great Tproxy that you've made. The
idea of marking the packets and no changing of ip header is brilliant!
I've read all information about tproxy. The most useful pages were:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4
http://www1.shorewall.net/Shorewall_Squid_Usage.html#TPROXY

still there is documented how to use tproxy when the Firewall (Gateway) and
Squid are on the same machine.

In my case I do have 2 different servers, for Firewall (and Gateway) and
Squid. The Firewall or Gateway doesn't permit any traffic to external
internet. And everyone who wants internet has to setup proxy setting of the
Squid server, which is in same subnet.

My question is: is it possible to use TPROXY for redirecting such traffic to
the squid. If so, can you provide some useful example that I can apply in my
case.

Thanks again and Best Regards
Ivan Boyadzhiev