[tproxy] Easiest way to install tproxy on Ubuntu 10.04 for regular laymen users

SM skypemesm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 07:09:18 CEST 2010

Yes, it is!! Awesome. From the README.txt file, I was of the opinion that
the kernel needs to be patched and compiled.

I have the following scenario:

  All UDP packets *coming in and going out* of port 5060 need to be
redirected to port 56789. An application running on port 56789 must parse
them, modify them and send them to their intended destinations. I must take
care that packets coming from remote machine to local machine:5060 are FIRST
received at local machine:56789, and then, after modification, sent to local
machine:5060 with a spoofed header suggesting that it came from remote
machine.

The incoming packets can be handled by this rule:
     iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 5060 -j TPROXY
--on-port 56789  --tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1

How should I handle the outgoing packets for 5060? Mangle table's OUTPUT
rule does not take tproxy as a target.

Thanks for your reply.

--SM.