[tproxy] Fwd: [squid-users] Squid + Tproxy + Bridge on Kernel 2.6.34 - Workaround

Vivek vivek at visolve.com
Wed May 26 06:38:22 CEST 2010

FYI -

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[squid-users] Squid + Tproxy + Bridge on Kernel 2.6.34 -
Workaround
Date: 	Wed, 26 May 2010 09:51:39 +0530
From: 	senthilkumaar2021 <senthilkumaar2021 at gmail.com>
To: 	squid-users at squid-cache.org
CC: 	netfilter at vger.kernel.org

Hi,

Squid + Tproxy + Bridge Setup on latest kernel - version 2.6.34

I had followed all the steps that had given in the
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

Kernel - 2.6.34
iptable - 1.4.8
ebtable - 2.0.9-1

But clients were unable to browse and no errors in cache.log. Error -
Network Unreachable. The error had returned by browser not squid proxy.

Workaround :-

After adding the following rules, clients are able to browse.

# ip rule add dev<device name>  fwmark 1 lookup 100

example

# ip rule add dev eth0 fwmark 1 lookup 100

NOTE : Repeat the above for each interface except " lo "

Source -https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/tproxy/2010-January/001212.html

Based on the above source this issue had identified on kernel version -
2.6.32. But still not yet fixed.

I have CC ed this mail to netfilter mailing lists also.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Senthil