[tproxy] smtp-gated

Tamer Mohamed tamer.mohamed at mail.link.net
Wed Jun 9 13:11:55 CEST 2010

Dears,

I have installed  kernel 2.6.30.1 with iptables v1.4.3.2 with software called smtp-gated (smtp proxy listening on port 9199) software.

I have applied the below rules to the firelwall:

iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcpo -m socket -j DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0xffffffff
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 25 -j TPROXY --tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-port 9199

but when I initiate a connection to the machine on port 25 nothing gets redirected to the 9199 port. What could be possibly the problem.

Regards,
Tamer Mohamed