[tproxy] tproxy bind failed - limit of TPROXY bind

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at sch.bme.hu
Wed May 6 17:42:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

On sze, máj 06, 2009 at 02:41:38 +0300, elyasaf wrote:
> The result:
>
> bind - error: Address already in use
>
> bind for the 28223 socket (fd=28226) failed
>
> ipport - 63.110.0.208:0
>
> Why this low limit? Can I configure something to by-pass it? If not, have
> chance to fix this bug?

I don't think this has anything to do with tproxy.

Each and every bind requires a free port -- so the 100000 iterations
you're doing in your test will *never* gonna work.

Furthermore, automatically selected ports are selected from a limited
subset of ports, which is tunable with a sysctl setting.

http://href.hu/x/8y75

As you can see, the default setting for the local port range is 32768 -
61000, so I'm fairly sure this is the limit you're reaching.

But again, I doubt this has anything to do with tproxy. I suggest
consulting a good introductory book on TCP/IP and Linux networking.

--
KOVACS Krisztian