[tproxy] IPv6 support

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at sch.bme.hu
Thu Mar 26 16:03:45 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:10:01AM +0000, Harry Mason wrote:
> I'm interested in using TPROXY with IPv6, for transparent HTTP proxying
> and TRT. Before I start hacking:
>
> Is anyone already working on v6 support?

I don't think so. (At least I don't know of anyone working on it.)

> Is there any fundamental reason why it isn't possible?

No, I don't know of any issues. (Although I must admit that I'm not an
IPv6 expert.)

One of the motivations we had when we changed how we route proxied traffic
as local (using policy routing instead of changing the IPv4 routing code)
was to make it much easier to port it to IPv6.

> Should I branch from Linus's tree, or is there more up to date TPROXY
> code I should use?

Just use Linus's tree, as far as I know all of Balazs' patches were
merged.

Ah, and good luck. ;)

--
KOVACS Krisztian