[tproxy] [HELP] Tproxy server Can't receive any client packet

linuxpark linuxpark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 06:45:35 CET 2009

Hi

i have one more problem and question :-(
i tested tproxy4 in debian linux and succeed in  transparent proxying
function of the apache proxy server (a tproxy patched)

but when i tested the same apache version in  Cento  OS (5.4) ,

the apache proxy did not operate correctly. listen () function did not
return when a client tried to connect a web server.
then the apache did not do any action. no response but the usage count
of filter in the mangle table was increased.

and then.. i found something strange like below. there are two listening
daemon with same port but the daemons are same process

root at waf:~/tproxy4-20091127/httpd-2.2.9-tproxy-v1# netstat -ap | grep http
tcp        0      0 *:squid
*:*                         LISTEN      7397/httpd         tcp
0      0 *:squid                     *:*
LISTEN      7397/httpd

i don't know why the apache proxy which succeed in doing tproxy in the
debian linux did not operate correctly in CentOS (5.4)
but squid proxy succeed in tproxy  in both the debian and the CentOS box

do you have any idea ?  previously thanks ~

Cheers,
JeHo Park

[Environment]

- bridged  network

Client <---> [eth2   apache tproxy   eth1]  <---> WebServer
                       +--------    br0  ---------+

- CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor

- OS:
 CentOS release 5.4 (Final)

- Kernel:  vannilla 2.6.31

- Kernel config:
 kconfig-2.6.31  [attached]

- apache server:
 apache 2.2.9 +  http-2.2.9-tproxy4.patch [attached]

- iptables:
 1.4.3

- gcc
 4.1.2

*- iptables & ebroute & ip rules*

   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -F
   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -X DIVERT
   ${IPTABLES} -t nat -F
     #ip rule del fwmark 0x1/0x1 lookup 100
   ip rule del fwmark 1 lookup 100
   ip route del local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100
   ebtables -t broute -F

   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -N DIVERT
   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m socket -j DIVERT
   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-mark 1
   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
   ${IPTABLES} -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY
--tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-port ${PORT}

   ip rule add fwmark 1 lookup 100
   ip route add local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100

   ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -i $CLIENT_IFACE -p ipv4 --ip-proto
tcp --ip-dport 80 -j redirect --redirect-target ACCEPT
   ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp
--ip-sport 80 -j redirect --redirect-target ACCEPT

   cd /proc/sys/net/bridge/
   for i in *
       do
           echo 0 > $i