[tproxy] TProxy patch for 2.6.26 and Squid 3.HEAD news

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at sch.bme.hu
Fri Sep 26 20:46:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

During the last few days Balazs and me have been working on getting
TProxy 4.1 and Squid3's support for it into a better shape.

Balazs has fixed the ICMP issue that was definitely the most important
item on our to-do list and I was working with Amos Jeffries from the
Squid team to fix problems with Squid's tproxy support.

So anyone who had problems with tproxy 4.1 or Squid in the past please
give it another try: download the latest snapshot of Squid 3.HEAD from
the Squid site (http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/HEAD/) and our
latest snapshot of tproxy
(http://people.netfilter.org/hidden/tproxy/tproxy4-2.6.26-200809262032.tar.bz2).

Also, you can get a patched iptables source from Balazs's git repository
(git clone git://git.balabit.hu/bazsi/iptables-tproxy.git) which
contains the user-space support for the 'socket' match and the 'TPROXY'
target.

The Squid wiki has a page on how to configure Squid
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4) as well as a howto
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/TPROXYPatchingCentOS).

--
KOVACS Krisztian