[tproxy] Inclusion of tproxy 4.x in mainline kernel

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Sep 25 12:31:18 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 15:03 +0500, Anton wrote:
> Any hope this will be ever done?
>
> On Monday 01 September 2008 23:59, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 17:33 +0200, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there a TODO list that lists what is keeping tproxy
> > > from beeing included in the mainline kernel ?
> > >
> > > It's features are quite usefull, and inclusion in a
> > > vanilla kernel saves us a whole lot of manual patching
> > > :)
> >
> > Sure, there are two items on my todo list to check:
> >  * ICMP support (we have this in our forked tproxy 4.0
> > branch, but not in 4.1)

I've just finished this. Krisztian is working on integrating the patches
in his stgit repo.

Until then, please find them attached. The patches are relative to this
patch-tree:

http://people.netfilter.org/hidden/tproxy/tproxy4-2.6.26-200809241501.tar.bz2

> >  * SNAT after tproxy, it should work, but there are
> > reports that it does not

I'm going to check out this next.

> >  * bridge <> tproxy interactions

The netfilter workshop is going to be held next week, I hope we can get
these patches in shape until then.