[tproxy] Tproxy, SQUID, NAT and IMQ on same box ?

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Mon May 5 09:35:22 CEST 2008

NTPT wrote:

> Idea is: customers on private network range connected to router box
> with traffic shaping ,  web traffic intercepted to squid, NAT on the
> same box , with IMQ. So in this setup I need tproxy  and squid to
> preserve original source and destination adresses (via tproxy) and
> then  send this traffic to IMQ with attached qdisc.

There is no need for tproxy. Destination addresses are always preserved
whether you are using or not using tproxy. But you can't preserve the original
source IP because you are supposed to do NAT.

I guess you can forget about using tproxy in the first place, that will make
your problem a much simpler than it seems.

Cheers.