[tproxy] Tproxy, SQUID, NAT and IMQ on same box ?

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Mon May 5 03:43:06 CEST 2008

NTPT wrote:
> Is it posssible to setup TPROXY, SQUID, NAT  and IMQ on the same box ?
>
> I need to have squid transparent proxy  on the SAME box  where
> traffic shaping  with IMQ  and NAT is done ?
>
> Anny suggestions, known working versions etc ?

I believe you can do it with tproxy 2.x ( kernel 2.6.18 )
tproxy 4.0.3 ( kernel 2.6.22)  and tproxy 4.1.0 ( kernel 2.6.24 ).
IMQ is not available on kernel 2.6.25 yet, but it is not totally
impossible to use a replacement or a work-in-progress version.
In all cases, it is not a straight forward thing. You need to get
ready to patch, patch and patch. But with determination, it will work !

Out of curiosity, if you are doing tproxy, why do you need to do NAT ?
Do you have multiple path to the internet ?

:-)