[tproxy] openSUSE 10.3 + squid + tproxy

Tom P Yohe tyohe at stampede.com
Wed Mar 12 19:04:10 CET 2008

Right, i realized this morning that perhaps i should have taken the patch
from the panther area.

Nonetheless, the patch that i took from the hidden area, that had 2.6.25
in the name, i did get that to build by changing nf_tproxy_core.c to add a
pointer to the "net" structure when calling lookup routines in udp.c.

I'll try the panther patches (http://people.balabit.hu/panther/tproxy/)
and see if they work any better.  When I look at the panther area, it is a
ball of confusion.  there are two tproxy...bz2 files - which one to use ?
neither has any reference to 2.6.25 kernel in the name.

Also are the iptables-tproxy...diff  patch applicable to a certain version
of iptables source ?

"Ming-Ching Tiew" <mingching.tiew at redtone.com>
Sent by: tproxy-bounces at lists.balabit.hu
03/11/2008 09:39 PM

"Tproxy list" <tproxy at lists.balabit.hu>
cc

Subject
Re: [tproxy] openSUSE 10.3 + squid + tproxy

Tom P Yohe wrote:
>> I am working on applying the tproxy4 patches to a 2.6.25rc4 kernel
>> that i downloaded from openSuse.
>>
>> I have run into a few snags. 3 of the patches did not take correctly
>> and required minor adjustment.
>>
>> Following this, I was surprised that the function prototype for
>> udp.c/__udp4_lib_lookup() now requires a "net *" as a first parameter
>> however this parameter is not passed to its close cousin that calls
>> it  - udp4_lib_lookup().  which is called by
>> netfilter\nf_tproxy_core.c:
>>
>> so as soon as i sort this all out, i will let you know. how i resolve
>> this.

It appears to me that you have gotten the wrong patch.

Cheers.