[tproxy] Squid with tproxy extra brief FAQ - take 2

Eduardo Schoedler eschoedler at viavale.com.br
Mon Mar 3 23:15:00 CET 2008

Just one thing I've forgot...
Why can't I download from inside my linux/tproxy/squid box ?

 # wget http://gentoo.osuosl.org/snapshots/portage-20080229.tar.bz2
--19:59:40--  http://gentoo.osuosl.org/snapshots/portage-20080229.tar.bz2
           => `portage-20080229.tar.bz2'
Resolving gentoo.osuosl.org... 140.211.166.134
Connecting to gentoo.osuosl.org|140.211.166.134|:80... failed: Connection
timed out.
Retrying.

--19:59:43--  http://gentoo.osuosl.org/snapshots/portage-20080229.tar.bz2
  (try: 2) => `portage-20080229.tar.bz2'
Connecting to gentoo.osuosl.org|140.211.166.134|:80...

Here's my ebtables rules:

Bridge chain: BROUTING, entries: 2, policy: ACCEPT
-p IPv4 -i eth1 --ip-proto tcp --ip-dport 80 -j redirect  --redirect-target
DROP
-p IPv4 -i eth0 --ip-proto tcp --ip-sport 80 -j redirect  --redirect-target
DROP

... and here my iptables rules:

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
TPROXY     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:http
TPROXY redirect 0.0.0.0:3128

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Schoedler.

From: "Eduardo Schoedler" <eschoedler at viavale.com.br>
Subject: Re: [tproxy] Squid with tproxy extra brief  FAQ - take 2

Hey people!!! Good news!!!
It worked !!! \o/

I've installed the new patch tproxy-4.0.4-2.6.22 in kernel-2.6.22-r10 and
iptables-1.3.8-r2.
My problem was exactly the patch for squid-2.6.STABLE16.

So, how I sad, I've done it by hand, using the patch from
https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/tproxy/2007-December/000638.html.
I've generated a patch file, so if everyone want's it, just contact me.

Thanks for all !!!
Sorry my bad english... =)

Best Regards,

Eduardo Schoedler.

From: nantenaina Tianarivo

I had this problem also when I patched my squid package. I didn't find any
link where you can get this patch as. For me, I have done manually all
changes described in this patch and it worked.