[tproxy] TPROXY and network layout

Nataniel Klug nata at cnett.com.br
Thu Jun 26 15:09:54 CEST 2008

    Hello my friends,

    I have a new question about TPROXY. I have not put the tproxy+squid
cache into work yet becouse I have this question. Lets talk about my
layout plan:

[router]0<<>>0[linux.qos]1<<>>0[linux.tproxy.cache]1<<>>X[clients]

    So, about ip and routes:

[router]0
IP: 200.xxx.208.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
route add -net 200.xxx.208.4/32 gw 200.xxx.208.2

0[linux.qos]
IP: 200.xxx.208.2
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
GW: 200.xxx.208.1

[linux.qos]1
IP: 172.16.0.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
route add -net 200.xxx.208.4/32 gw 172.16.0.2

0[linux.tproxy.cache]
IP: 172.16.0.2
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
GW: 172.16.0.1

[linux.tproxy.cache]1
IP: 200.xxx.208.5
Netmask: 255.255.255.252

X[clients]
IP: 200.xxx.208.6
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
GW: 200.xxx.208.5

    Using this layout I can provide full access to the client listed. If
I use an iptables rule and squid in transparent mode (not tproxy) it is
cached normal. My question is:

    Using tproxy is that necessary that my cache server has an ip that
can be reached from the outside world or can it be only made a
masquerade into server QOS?

--
Att,

NATANIEL KLUG
nata at cnett.com.br

LEIA O DIA-A-DIA DO NATA
http://nataklug.blogspot.com/

Cyber Nett - Internet Banda Larga
www.cnett.com.br
(42) 3635-2957
Rua Diogo Pinto, 1046, Centro
Laranjeiras do Sul - PR
Brasil - 85301-290

"... também os sábios possuem coração tangível e podem, por vezes, usar da ciência como meio de demonstrar impressões sentimentais de que muitos não os julgam suscetíveis."
Visconde de Taunay