[tproxy] question on menuconfig

Laszlo Attila Toth panther at balabit.hu
Wed Jun 25 09:15:36 CEST 2008

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim írta:
> Hi, folks, I've got my kernel source patched and ready to go, and I'm
> just about to do the configure, but try as I might, I cant seem to
> locate everything that's mentioned in the README...
>
> <quote>
> then enable tproxy support, `socket' and `TPROXY' modules
> </quote>
>
> Couple of questions:
> 1. I've think I've found "enable tproxy support", but this is enabled as
> a module. So is the "enable tproxy support" any different from the
> "TPROXY module"?

The tproxy core is called as:

Symbol: NETFILTER_TPROXY [=m]

Prompt: Transparent proxying support (EXPERIMENTAL)

Defined at net/netfilter/Kconfig:281

Depends on: NET && INET && NETFILTER && EXPERIMENTAL && IP_NF_MANGLE &&
NETFILTER_ADVANCED
        Location:

  -> Networking

    -> Networking support (NET [=y])

   -> Networking options

-> Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter) (NETFILTER [=y])
                                                                   ->
Core Netfilter Configuration

The TPROXY target uses this such as the socket match.

> 2. where do I go to enable the socket module? Don't see that anywhere.

It is at the same place where the TPROXY target, below the tproxy core,
in this group:

-*- Netfilter Xtables support (required for ip_tables)

And the socket match:
Depends on: NET && INET && NETFILTER && EXPERIMENTAL && NETFILTER_TPROXY
&& NETFILTER_XTABLES && NETFILTER_ADVANCED

--
Panther