[tproxy] Merging tproxy patch to standard kernel ?

NTPT NTPT at seznam.cz
Mon Jul 21 16:49:43 CEST 2008

Redirecting ICMP related traffic - I am not an kernel / netfilter  hacker,  but what to extend netfilter CONNMARK  for that purpose ?

Addition of        --restore-mark-related    option to CONNMARK target , witch copy connmark from master connection to related traffic  probably will do this job.

so then it could look like this ?

        iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
        iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcpo -m socket -j DIVERT
        iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0xffffffff
        iptables -t mangle   -j CONNMARK  ---save-mark    // save mark on connection
        iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
        iptables -t mangle -p icmp  -j CONNMARK --restore-mark-related // copy connmark from master conenction to its  related stuff

// now related ICMP traffic is marked too and can be directed by routing code

Or I am miss some point ?

And  maybe marking a related traffic can be useful for other things not  only for tproxy...

Regards.

PS: please execuse my wrong english