[tproxy] tproxy 4.1.0 in bridge mode

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Tue Jul 15 03:21:01 CEST 2008

Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sameer khan írta:
>
>>  > From: mingching.tiew at redtone.com
>>  > To: tproxy at lists.balabit.hu
>>  > Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:47:26 +0800
>>  > Subject: Re: [tproxy] tproxy 4.1.0 in bridge mode
>>  >
>>  > sameer khan wrote:
>>  > > hi guys
>>  > >
>>  > > i am trying to work out tproxy 4.1.0 bridge mode, any one using it
>>  > > please me know what kernel, iptables and squid version.
>>  > >
>>  > > I have test it with kernel 2.6.24.19 but ebtables causes kernel
>>  > > panic, really am confused.
>>  > >
>>  > >
>>  >
>>  > We can't see through the crystal ball to know what ebtables
>>  > commands you have used to panic the kernel, you should
>>  > test your ebtables thingie with a stock kernel without applying
>>  > any patches. If it still panic, file a bug report with the linux kernel
>>  > team, it has nothing to do with tproxy.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > tproxy mailing list
>>  > tproxy at lists.balabit.hu
>>

>> hey ming
>>
>> thanks for reply, i read the command if i m not mistaken written by yourself
>>

>> INSIDE_DEV=eth0
>>
>> OUTSIDE_DEV=eth1
>>
>> ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -i $INSIDE_DEV -p ipv4 \
>>
>> --ip-protocol tcp --ip-destination-port 80 \
>>
>> -j redirect --redirect-target DROP
>>
>> ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -i $OUTSIDE_DEV -p ipv4 \
>>
>> --ip-protocol tcp --ip-source-port 80 \
>>
>> -j redirect --redirect-target DROP
>>
>> the above command are causing kernel panic. so if you may be kind
>> enough enlighten me. which kernel version you test with and the version
>> of iptables and squid.
>>

> Did you try without the TProxy patch? And what is the text of the kernel
> panic? The backtrace may help.

I did a quick check on the kernel changelog, the bug I reported
was fixed after 2.6.24.4. Anyone using versions below is
repeating what I have already reported.

The original poster mentioned about 2.6.24.19 which must
be a mistake. There is no such kernel version. It must be
a version below 2.6.24.4.

Ming-Ching