[tproxy] TProxy installation

Eduardo Schoedler eschoedler at viavale.com.br
Tue Feb 26 22:29:58 CET 2008

Hi all.

I'm Brazilian, so sorry my bad english. =)

I'm looking for a installation manual, with _ALL_ the steps necessary to
install the tproxy patch.
I found this link, but isn't working.
http://fuzzylab00net.blog.dada.net/post/413913/Squid-2.6-+-tproxy-+-bridge-+-gentoo.html

I'm trying build an linux box with 2 nic's, in a bridge setup.
I have an "real" IP in my bridge interface (189.x.x.x).

I have built a lot of kernels with a lot of tproxy's patches.
Here is the kernel output:

# cat /var/log/dmesg | grep -i tproxy
IP_TPROXY: Transparent proxy support initialized, version 4.0.0
IP_TPROXY: Copyright (c) 2002-2007 BalaBit IT Ltd.

I have used the file tproxy-4.0.3-2.6.22.tgz to patch my kernel
(2.6.22-gentoo-r10).
The same patch I've used to compile my iptables-1.3.8.

My squid is compiled with the patch too, and my squid.conf is configured:
http_port 3128 tproxy transparent
tcp_outgoing_address 189.x.x.x

My kernel is also configured:
net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

My ebtables and iptables rules:
ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p IPv4 --ip-protocol 6 --ip-destination-port
80 -j redirect --redirect-target ACCEPT
iptables -t tproxy -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
TPROXY --on-port 3128

What I do wrong ?

Thanks!

Best Regards,