[tproxy] Does TPROXY work on a bridge without IP address?

Liang Bin lb7ba6 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:39:23 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am Bryan Liang, a newbie to TPROXY. I am using TPROXY 2.0.6  with  kernel
2.6.20.21.
It works fine  in router mode.

I am going to run TPROXY in bridge mode. Here is my linux box setting.

eth0: local admin port, IP address: 192.168.43.130, netmask 255.255.255.0,
default gw 192.168.43.1
eth1 and eth2 belong to br0 (bridge device)
br0: IP address: 0.0.0.0

This means I can use eth0 as admin port to manage my linux box. And I do not
assign IP address to bridge interface.

My problem is, does TPROXY work on a bridge without IP address?

Thank you in advance. :)

Thanks,
-Bryan