[tproxy] iptables 1.3.8 problem

Vects alexc at actcom.co.il
Wed Sep 19 10:27:49 CEST 2007

Hello there,
I have some problem with iptables 1.3.8, please point me out where's my
error is.
I took latest tproxy patches, applied them on kernel 2.6.22.6 and
iptables 1.3.8 according to README, I used  iptables-1.3.8.diff for
iptables-1.3.8.diff but can't add any iptables rules with TPROXY for
some reasons. Here's some details about my set up

module is loaded
# dmesg | grep TPROX
IP_TPROXY: Transparent proxy support initialized, version 4.0.0
IP_TPROXY: Copyright (c) 2002-2007 BalaBit IT Ltd.

module is loaded
# lsmod | grep proxy
iptable_tproxy          7620  0
ip_tables              20840  3
iptable_nat,iptable_tproxy,iptable_filter

list of rules
# iptables -t tproxy -L -n
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

iptables has failed
# iptables -t tproxy -A PREROUTING -j TPROXY --on-port 80
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

I guess I missed something, please advise.

Thanks, Alexc