[tproxy] Tproxy + squid + Wccp verion 2 + FC5 Does it really work

Logu logsnaath at gmx.net
Tue May 29 06:32:40 CEST 2007

> Dear Logu,
>
> Currently my setup is as follows : -
>
> Wan Link Coming in my router --> With 2 Ethernet Port
>                            E0/1 ------> Connected to my squid with a valid
> Public IP
>                                       My Squid has only 1 Interface
> configured, with no outgoing address in squid.conf
>                  Wccp2_router & subsequent
> parameters, my router detects my wccp squid verywell
>     E0/0 ------> Connected to my local lan
> with valid public IP
> I have configured the Gre tunnel and set all the parameters correct on my
> linux box. I am not sure if this is the correct bi-directional path.
>
>>From what I read and understand I might be wrong "please correct" this is
> what u mean:
> Wan-->Router--->squid with 2 interface ---> My Linux box (gateway) --->
> client ?

Nevermind about the bidirectional flow, I missed your WCCP setup during my
initial post. Since you are using WCCP and gre tunnel both incoming and
outgoing traffic should go through squid box. The culprit should be the
"outgoing address", set the outgoing IP address (same as the IP of the box)
and it should work for you. And infact the error does mean it.

-logu