[tproxy] bridge + cttpproxy setup

Ramana Yarlagadda ramana at redshiftnetworks.com
Thu Jul 19 01:55:31 CEST 2007

Hi there,

>From the archives I understand that cttpproxy will work in the bridge mode also. I am trying to implement a layer 7 transparent proxy using ebtables and transparent proxy. Is there are any document available on how to configure the ebtable and iptable rules?

I have tried based on my understanding the the client connection request is terminated by the proxy server but the foreign connect from the proxy server to the service ( http server) is failing.

The packet is not going out, but is getting re-injected to the local process.

The set up is:

          client <=====> eth0 [ proxy server] eth1- <=======> service/http server

can somebody help me on this issue.

-Thanks in advance